Friday, March 26, 2010

The Daddy and The Baby


Among the baby pictures my daughter has with her daddy, this one's my favorite.  It was taken when my baby was 2 months old.  At her young age, she could already sleep on her side, and copy her daddy's sleeping pose! Haha!  Ok...I know that she was not aware of what she was doing, but the sight of that two adorable persons I love most with the same sleeping pose really made me smile. So cute! Ang kulet talaga!  The moment I saw them sleeping together like that, I hurriedly grabbed the camera and took a shot of them.  And when my husband woke up, I let him see the picture and he was also delighted.  It's one of those kodak moments we had ever seen in our lives!

For those who first encountered the term kodak moments, it means a special, priceless captured shot (by camera or video) which is not directed, nor edited. According to http://www.urbandictionary.com/, kodak moment  is a rare, one time, moment that is captured by a picture, or should have been captured by a picture.  And that special picture above is one example of it!

Somehow, that picture reflects the similarities of my husband and my daughter in terms of personality.  Both are hard headed and very persistent.  They never stop until they get what they wanted.  My husband loves computers and other techi gadgets...I think, my daughter would like them too.  Hey, whenever I place my baby infront of the computer, she would always want to press the keys.  And she also gives a lot of effort to grab our cellphones and play with them! Haha! Hmm...what else...well, they say that my baby looks more like me.  But when she's asleep, she looks like a mirror image of her daddy.  They both have the same facial expression while sleeping.  Not to mention same pose, as well!

It's not just the picture that gives me extra joy, but also the times when they bond together (whether playing and laughing together, until the baby cries and so, my husband would pass her to me).  I love the sight of them together.  I hope they would not just be father-daughter, but also best friends.  I really love those two very important persons in my life---my husband and my daughter.  Daddy and baby.  I consider myself lucky to have them! :)

P.S. Now that my baby is 8 months old, she does more than copying her father's sleeping pose.  She can now hug him while they are sleeping, as well.  Someday, I'll be going to take a shot of another kodak moment--- a picture of the daddy and the baby embracing each other while sleeping.  Nice idea, right? :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
WAHMaholic Blog Designs