Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My FB Post Story: On the hostage drama

Just last night and this morning, everybody was into the hostage drama which took place at Quirino Grandstand yesterday (August 23).  My Facebook was swarmed with news feeds about the hostage drama, exteding condenlences to the hostage victims and sharing disappointments and worries about the image of the Philippines, as well as our hukbong kapulisan.  Since I learned in the morning news on TV that this Rolando Mendoza was dismissed from his position as police officer long time ago and received no retirement benefits because of certain criminal cases wherein he was accused of being involved, I thought of posting this message on my FB:

" Wala na ring retirement benefits ang hostage-taker after life!" (11 hours ago, on mobile)

True.  There's no benefit he can receive in hell.

I believe in the goodness of people.  But this certain criminal, with his past excellent credentials which don't matter anymore, and whose pledge he made before he became a police officer was to protect lives (which obviously he didn't value now), showed his evil side by killing innocent people, taking out his stress and anger towards them.  What he did was an example of cowardice.  He is a coward.  I could have pitied him for traveling the wrong path in life, but honestly, what I felt was hatred towards him.  I hate him not just for destrying the country's image but also for destroying the lives of families he victimized, including their joys and dreams.

My family and I pray for the souls of the victims, as well as for the strength for all the families they left behind.  May their souls rest in peace, and may their living families have strength to move on with their lives with hopes and blessings from God.  Justice will prevail, in earth and in heaven.
 
To know more of the story about the hostage-taking drama, click here or visit http://ph.yfittopostblog.com/2010/08/23/ex-policeman-hijacks-bus-load-of-children-adults/

Patterned Text Generator at TextSpace.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
WAHMaholic Blog Designs